OGC   Home |  List Services

[wfs-dev] Spatial queries with GetFeature ?

Aleksandar Milanovic amilanovic@galdosinc.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:02:08 -0800

Check the OGC Filter Encoding specification available at
http://www.opengis.org/techno/implementation.htm. It supplements the WFS
spec.

There are Beyond-Distance, Within-Distance and Touches spatial operations,
which could help you. Not all WFSs need to support these. The capabilities
document of a WFS specifies what spatial ops the WFS supports.

Regards,
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: wfs-dev-admin@opengis.org [mailto:wfs-dev-admin@opengis.org]On
Behalf Of rdnf@cin.ufpe.br
Sent: January 20, 2003 8:53 AM
To: wfs-dev@opengis.org
Subject: [wfs-dev] Spatial queries with GetFeature ?

Hi friends,

I am starting my studies with WFS and I have read that GetFeature
operation provide support to do spatial operations.
Well, I saw the examples provided by WFS OGC Specification, but I do not
find examples about queries with distance or adjacency. For these reason,
I would like to know if these types of spatial queries are possible with
WFS ? (if yes, I would like to know if all WFS support these queries or
just some specific WFS – in this case which are).
References are well received.

Thanks in advance,

Robson Fidalgo.
PhD. Student.