FW: [wfs-dev] sequence of Query elements

Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos pvretano at cubewerx.com
Tue May 3 15:34:53 EST 2005

Martin,

Oops ... I did not see this ...

The answer is that unless a SortBy is specified, there is no order
implied in the response.

However, I hope people understand that if you specify something like:

<GetFeature>
   <Query typeName="A B"/>
</GetFeature>

you do not get all the features in A and then all the features in B but
you get the cross-product of AxB.  This is what happens when you specify
a unconstrained JOIN operation.

If you want to fetch A and then B, the correct request would be:

<GetFeature>
   <Query typeName="A"/>
   <Query typeName="B"/>
</GetFeature>

In this case, you will get all the features in A and then all the
features in B.

Ciao.

--
Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos          CubeWerx Inc.
Big Kahuna (Senior Database Developer)  http://www.cubewerx.com
Tel. 416-701-1985 Fax. 416-701-9870     pvretano at cubewerx.com

"Black holes are where God divides by zero!" Steven Wright