FW: [wfs-dev] sequence of Query elements

Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos pvretano at cubewerx.com
Wed May 4 09:13:05 EST 2005

Foltýn Ctibor (junior) wrote:

>>If you want to fetch A and then B, the correct request would be:
>>
>><GetFeature>
>>   <Query typeName="A"/>
>>   <Query typeName="B"/>
>></GetFeature>
>>
>>In this case, you will get all the features in A and then all
>>the features in B.
>>

> Does it mean the WFS server must not mix features of type A and B in the response?

I am not sure what you mean by "mix" exactly but the intent was that the
resulting feature collection will contain all the feature instances of A
and B.  In other words, the resulting feature collection is the union of
the two result sets.

> What if it is able to do some optimization like select both feature types by one query to db?

How the query is executed at the back in is an implementation issue and
the WFS specification does not deal with such issues.

> Is it possible to define one sort over more queries in one GetFeature request? Let's have this request:
>
> <GetFeature>
>    <Query typeName="River"/>
>    <Query typeName="Creek"/>
> </GetFeature>
>
> and I want to sort both rivers and creeks together by their common propety e.g. "Name".

No it is not possible to define a sort over both queries.

Ciao.

--
Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos          CubeWerx Inc.
Big Kahuna (Senior Database Developer)  http://www.cubewerx.com
Tel. 416-701-1985 Fax. 416-701-9870     pvretano at cubewerx.com

"Black holes are where God divides by zero!" Steven Wright