[wfs-dev] summary of changes from wfs 1.0 to 1.1?

John Herring john.herring at oracle.com
Mon Oct 16 13:09:30 EDT 2006

Peter,
	Could you be more specific about why you are
thinking of dropping joins.

	A query without a join could not even do basic
spatial query, so how is join-less WFS to do anything of
value spatially other than some sort of "get features (with
some attribute and type restrictions) within this (constant)
widow?" Without a join, one of two spatial parameters of a
spatial operation will have to be a constant.

	That is "mostly useless" as query. That cannot be
what you mean.

Regards,
John

You do what you can when you can because you can.

The opinions expressed in this email are purely my own and
do not necessarily represent the opinions of any
organization
or otherwise sane person or persons.

John R. Herring
Architect, Spatial Products