[wfs-dev] Extra Key/value Pairs on a GetFeature

Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos pvretano at cubewerx.com
Mon Oct 30 10:00:48 EST 2006

John,

Yes this is acceptable as long as the request is still valid if the
additional parameters are ignored.  If I remove the non-standard
parameters from your request I am left with:

http://...some_server.../wfs.php?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetFeature&VERSION=1.1.0&TYPENAME=gmlSimpleFeatureType

which is a perfectly valid request that any WFS could process (although
you would likely get a exception about 'gmlSimpleFeatureType' not existing).

You would advertise the additional capabilities using the
"ows:ExtendedCapabilities" element.

Ciao.