[wfs-dev] Axis Ordering in GML

Simon Cox Simon.Cox at csiro.au
Fri May 20 09:54:12 EST 2005

Not legal because it suggests a latitude of -172.335 when the permissible
range for latitude in EPSG:4326 is 90:00:00.00S - 90:00:00.00N, etc etc.

Strictly this is *not* a GML issue - the gml:coordinates element is merely a
character string, so the example is "valid" XML/GML.
Its just that the example given is strictly meaningless.
It is a "truth in advertising issue" - if you claim to be using a particular
reference system, and then the value you provide is ill-formed & out of
range, then you are *not* really using that CRS.

Unfortunately the three WFS's are telling porkies!
The sooner they stop then the sooner we could put this one to bed.

Simon