[wfs-dev] Axis Ordering in GML

Morris, Charles, E. chuck.morris at ngc.com
Fri May 20 14:00:40 EST 2005

It would be possible to write tests that ensure consistent axis ordering under EPSG:4326 for a specific set of test data.  Perhaps this should be done.  But it is not possible to test axis ordering under all schemes because there are an infinite number of possible schemes.

Interoperability is not mandated by the WFS spec if it doesn't require implementation of any concrete coordinate reference scheme.  It would be nice if the WFS spec at least recommended a common coordinate system and showed how to use it, but I don't believe it does.  Hence, the interoperability problem.

- Chuck